- I saw a “talking pedometer” at Safeway this morning. Unless what it says is “hey, you haven’t moved in 3 hours, Get your ass off the couch and start walking,” I don’t see the point.
- This should be a pretty cake day. Three periods of testing for Geography, two “lab days” for Ancient Civ. A lab day is where I have given them an assignment and they have school time to work on it. I don’t give many, but some teacher give one a week. In this case I am in the class and will give them help on using Publisher to create a brochure about Egypt. (I am always trying to spread my “Publisher makes you a stud” gospel. I use their templates all the time, and it makes everything I produce look cool and professional. In fact, I am kicking myself, because I did not use a publisher layout for the forum handout yesterday. I knew that thing looked a little raggedy.) The last block of the day will be the “Chicken Bowl,” a flag football game between the 7th and 8th grades. Tomorrow classes at the end of the day are cancelled for the epic “Turkey Bowl” between the upperclassmen. The clinic is even now adding to their stock of ice cubes wrapped in brown paper towels.
- Off to Ft. Benning tomorrow to see big brother and family. We get to eat in the Mess Hall. It is cool. Seriously.
- End of the day now and I am super tired. Lots of late nights (11) and early mornings (5) for me lately.
- When I come back from Benning I am taking the train and I sprung for a roomette, which comes with a bed, bottle of water, meals and a paper! Woo! I love a roomette!