- Here is the inner commentary when I get my eyebrows waxed: “La-la-la-la-la.” “La-la-la-la-la.” “La-la-MOTHERF—–!” “La-la-la-la-la.”
- When I get my nails done there is a moment that is very soothing when the lady massages my hands. Then she starts punching me. Seriously. She balls up her fist and punches up and down my arm. This is fine at first, but then it gets a little painful. “La-la-la OW! OW! OW!”
- Other than my morning of pain and beauty, I had some very successful shopping. Kudos to the small independent shops in the DelRay neighborhood. 8 Hands Round and A Show of Hands came up big winners.
- Quite a contrast to my beer shopping last night. The socializing was nice, but there were too many people in the lines and the things caught my eye were more “because I have to get a gift” than things that were meaningful or needed. So I bought something for me. It was a sandwich.
- I’ve sorted through my teacher loot, and it is all pretty awesome, but my favorite gift is an apple. A real genuine red edible apple. Iconic and tasty, all at once.