- Just home from the musical at school. They did Urinetown, and it was a weird story, but an interesting one and the production very well done. I found myself feeling awful that I had given homework to the kids in it. I found my self thinking that it was so much fun, that really that is all we should be doing all day long, and Ancient Civilization is crap in comparison.
- I also wished that the lead characters knew who I was so I could be popular and cool. There is something so on the outside about being a teacher. People like you, but they move on and have other teachers, and OH YEAH, THEY ARE TEENAGERS, WHY DO YOU WANT THEM TO THINK YOU ARE COOL. See. I’ confused. I think it is probably more about wishing that I could sing and dance all day, and be in that spazzy adrenaline excitement of a production.
- The only negative, and it really put a damper on my mood as I was leaving, was that I went backstage to find the director to congratulate her and some punk told me I wasn’t allowed back there. In a snippy fashion. Exsqueeze me? Three things punk: 1. Just because you are on the tech crew and wear a black shirt, doesn’t mean you are the boss of me; 2. I work here. I have keys. I can go where ever the hell I want. It is a privilege of my office that I can roam the school at will. 3. I am 42, you are 17. Mind your manners.
- Every night this week has been a night with meetings or things like the play. I don’t know why I am doing so many things. I used to have a handle on saying no, and now it seems I want to say yes, and participate in things, but I just don’t have enough time to do my work. OR hang out and not do much, which is important to me.
- I am tired and not making much sense.