- I’m making A CD for AB, for a friend of hers, and mine really, who is pretty ill. She and her parents wrote out a list of songs and I downloading them on itunes and making a CD. Here is the thing: I only have eyes for you, sung by Doris Day is marked “Explict.” What? Did I miss the album, “Doris Day, The Punk Rap Years,” or her epic “Sit Down and Listen to the Music You Fifties DooWop MoFos!”
- I need the people in line at Starbucks to pay attention. When the nice man by the pastry case asks you, “can I get you any pastries,” he wants to know about food. To respond by giving him your drink order screws up the system. I worry about the future. My students are these people, not paying attention and slowing down the line, troubling the nice people who are trying to get us coffee. I emphasize following directions in my classes, for precisely this reason.
- I’d like to get through a meeting with the superintendent without some teacher asking him about snow days. It makes us look bad. Believe me, I love a snow day as much if not more than the next guy, but we just need to lay off the topic around this guy.
- Chrissie is the bomb lady, because she already donated to my walk. The only downside, is now I can’t quit!
- And snow? Needs to come. Right. Now.