- Though I am still sniffly, I feel much much better. Yesterday I went and got my hair cut, with of course, a side trip to the yarn store that is, inconveniently or not (depends on how you see the spending of my life saving on wool) next door to the hairdresser. I also did some laundry and made some soup, so it was a flurry of activity compared to the past three days.
- I am on task to make a set of hats, out of my favorite Bug Mexico yarn for the day school silent auction. I need to step it up and focus, but I keep thinking of new things to do like one of these I cord scarves, and such.
- So today I made my 10% at weight watchers. I’ve lost 24.2 pounds since last may. It took me a long time, but I am glad I didn’t quit when I wasn’t trying very hard. I’ll get my groovy 10% keychain at the meeting next week, so I really need to keep it off for at least a week. Hooray for me!
- Things really ramp up churchwise over the next 4 days, I am to help with Altar guild stuff tonight at the Maundy Thursday (not Monday Thursday, as I used to think when I was a kid) service, and then I am the crew leader for Tenebrae tomorrow night. That is an ancient service, highlighted by the fact that after I turn off lights, plunging the church, and presumably our souls, into darkness, I get to fling a metal folding chair against the stone steps to symbolize some sort of earthquakey Resurrection thing, and then the last candle which was taken out, is brought back in symbolizing the eternal light o’ Christ, etc. Hallelujah!
- Now, before the wild rumpus starts, Paul and I are off to some activity, a trip to the library, and perhaps a veggie sub, or other taste treat. Maybe coffee with Pennie in the afternoon. Who knows what the day will bring!