- Everynight when I sit and read or watch TV, Violet comes and sits on my lap and takes a nap. It is very nice, I am glad she is a lap cat. Kevin sometimes tries to get in on it, placing himself above her, but he is 16 pounds, so it is a little tougher to deal with. He usually ends up shoving her out of the way. I still like it though. They best is if he gets settled first and she sits a little lower on my legs.
- I had to take a survey about my school and there was a question “I am satisfied with my job,” and I marked “Somewhat dissatisfied.” I am trying to figure that out. I guess I feel a little bored. I feel like I am saying the same old things and that no one is really interested. I mean I find population pyramids fascinating, but perhaps I am the only one.
- Hat # 1 is coming along well. Two meetings yesterday allowed me to get about 2 inches done.
- I need to clean my upstairs. Too cluttered.
- There was an article in today’s post, about a youth organization near the new Nationals Stadium that is having trouble paying its property taxes, which have risen like crazy now that the area is developing rapidly. I wish a big money machine like professional baseball or a stadium group, could support them, or that the city would cut them a break. I mean, don’t baseball and kids go together? Sports a positive influence, etc, etc? Noblesse Oblige? Come on Nationals! Be a pal!