- Well, I’m a punk. I was too slow registering for the distance learning Sociology class, and it filled up. Duh. So I signed up for the actual got to go to it class, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-12. I suppose it won’t kill me. The structure will probably be good for me. Also, it is only six weeks, unlike the other one, which I could have, and probably would have dragged out until the last minute. October. So all for the best, I think.
- The power went out at the house, so I am at Rappahannock, killing time until the school chorus concert tonight. Our chorus teacher is leaving to pursue a doctorate of all things. I am really going to miss him, he is completely hilarious. I think the school will miss him too, he is really involved in town meeting and other such things.
- Hooray for David! He is discerned! Or at least, finally done with our part of the process. Awesome. It was a really neat experience and I feel lucky to have been a part of it. Go forth!
- I got pretty soaked in the storm earlier. Knees down. (I had an umbrella.)
- Today after a week and a half of weird schedules, I finally got to teach a class again. Sometimes on the fly I discover something I didn’t before. This time it was the contrast between Papua New Guinea and Australia. Physically pretty close, but PNG very mountainous and Australia almost completely flat. The influence of the tectonic plates I think. Earthquakes and volcanoes all along PNG, but none in Australia. We also had a good look at Easter Island. Google Earth has some good photos, contributed by others of the moai.
- Looking at these places makes me really want to go there. I must see all these wonderful things and places, and people!