- Had a nice chit chat with my big brother yesterday, that was very nice. It’s been a long time since we’ve gabbed on the phone.
- I put in a solid 4 hours at school today. Went through both World Geography boxes and sorted and out it all away. (Almost. I have to put the map units away still.) Tomorrow, the ancient civ, then the other boxes(oh yes, there are many) for the rest of the week. If I could get everything done this week and have next week for planning that would make me feel pretty good.
- I went to see a movie today. The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor. Though all of the live actors were pretty lame, I have to give kudos to the Skelton Army, the Terra Cotta Warriors, and most especially the Yeti, whose appearance to save the day in the Himalayas was excellent. The Skelton Warriors were good slapstick, as one accidentally knocked anothers head off, then turned around and stuck it back on, and the Terra Cotta warriors, thought led by the bad guy, and fairly badass themselves, were able to be busted like a flowerpot. Literally.
- Poor Ali had to hear this over and over during coffee time, but as great as Michael Phelps is, he has 8 races to get his picture in the paper. Does he really need to have his picture on the front page and teh front of the sports page every day? Let’s try to spread the joy around, huh Washington Post?
- Only two weeks left of vacation. Must enjoy self and reach inner peace and outer organization.