- Had lunch with the previous easter president and another previous president yesterday. She handed over 3 ginormous binders full of stuff, which will definitely be helpful and certainly interesting to read through. But of course the whole concept is a little scary. But it was great to talk to them, and I’d like this whole experience to be fun and interesting, rather than scary and stressful, so the lunch set a good tone.
- Went to a party for a friend last night. Haven’t seen her for a while, and she has gone through a painful year, with a divorce. So frightening to see how quickly things can change, but so impressive to see how resilient people can be. She had a ton of loving friends there, including some of the former in-laws. Oh, and awesome food, which of course I had too much of. Those little sandwiches lay me low every time.
- Came home from the Altar guild crew to a lovely surprise. Beautiful flowers from Melissa. Nice big sunflowers and yellow roses. Nice treat!
- Getting squared away to head out for a day at church. Going early to recheck yesterdays checklist. I do love a checklist. Seriously I do. Everything should have one.
- The heater on my car seems to be giving up, which is not a treat in this cold weather. The heater going was the death knell for my other car. (that and the entire electrical system. It could be a loooong winter. Come on little car! Hang in there!