- Yesterday was the crazy workout circuit. They keep upping the ante. 100 pushup situp and squats, 25 laps and now 200 jump ropes (it used to be only ropes, then only laps, now we’ve got it all.) I’m slow like a turtle on those laps and was last to finish, but I finished. Hooray!
- I’ve completed my wreath based on the Starbucks Yarn Ball Wreath concept. I think it came out nicely. It hangs on the front door, giving a warm yarny greeting to all.
- In a total impulsive move, I said I’d take a student teacher from January to March. I kind of thought I had waited too long to answer the memo, but I got a response back pretty quickly. I had a student teacher once before at my other school, and that was a pretty good experience, and that teacher is now a really great one. I didn’t have much to do with her being good, but I feel good that I gave her a place to get going. I think that is the idea that I like, that I am giving up my time so someone else can get started. Also, frankly, this could really help me, if it allows me to focus on my high school classes while she does the middle school.
- Our long term sub was part of the impetus for this. He is going to teacher school, and in the course of a misunderstanding about when I need him for a field trip (I thought this week, it is next) he went ahead and taught the lesson yesterday. I observed him and then we talked about it later. Seeing someone else do it is kind of engergizing and gives me new ideas.
- I’m trying a little experiment from now until the break where I try to get out of the house by 5:50 and have from 6:10 to 8:20 to work at school. These times are all A.M. F.Y.I. I just don’t have the time I need in any other spot. I used to do this many years ago, regularly got moving by 6. We shall see….