- Here we are once again on a holiday Monday, and it seems I have just brought my school books for a ride home and not gotten any work done. I felt a little better when I ran into another teacher and she had put her work off until Monday and then didn’t want to do it, but she at least decided to do it, whereas I have spent most of the afternoon figuring out how to get my blackberry to stop sending me my own messages.
- On a whim I went to an open house yesterday, and I really ought not to do that. It was a great place, and of course I wanted to buy it immediately, but the fact that I have no savings is somewhat of an impediment. It was nice and sunny, with a tiny back patio.
- I try to talk my self out of these things by thinking that if I would just get rid of stuff, and paint, and redo the kitchen I would feel cheerier about my house, which is really very nice. New living room furniture too. Also, Kevin the Cat, who has crisis in the outside world might be terribly disturbed by a move. I don’t think the new homeowners would like it that a large grumpy cat conveyed.
- Last weekend was some good theater. West Side Story at school, then Les Miserables at the Signature Theater in Shirlington. Both were excellent. I was so inspired I bought season tickets at the Signature. I also went with Suzi to a behind the scenes tour of the production. I wish, along with my coffee shop dream I could open a small performance space for offbeat, and unusually staged productions.
- Speaking of fine theatrics I am watching Galaxy Quest, which has, among its other great lines, “Constuct a weapon! Look around you, can you form some sort of rudimentary lathe?”