- When I am crew leader, my favorite time is during the lessons and sermon during the 9 o’clock, when things have settled down and I can iron the linens. I keep the door open and can sort of hear what’s going on. I like to turn the overhead lights off and just use the undercounter lights. It is very peaceful.
- Palm Sunday went well. Feebly waving palms. The congregation gamely, but lamely saying “Crucify him, crucify him,” as instructed by the script. Palm Sunday has never been a favorite service of mine, but overall it went well, except for the part where I interferred with the subdeacon assignment, because I’m a jerk, and then the part where a trash can caught on fire (though that was an acolyte issue, and I only found out about it after the fact. Frankly, I’m sorry I missed it. If I hadn’t been interfering in other things I probably would have seen that show, so there is another lesson for me.)
- I like the movie Dogma. “You knew Jesus?” “Knew him? Dude owes me 12 dollars.”
- Spring Break! Woo! Even though I have to spend lots of time at church, Spring break is still Spring Break.
- While we were in Jamaica there was an exciting comminique, that the awesome AT and her family are coming back to Virginia. Hooray!