- “And the devil will drag you under, by the sharp lapels of your checkered coat, sit down, sit down, sit down, sit down sit down you’re rockin’ the boat!” (Watching the tony’s tonight, reminded how fun musicals are. That’s from guys and dolls for those who are playing the home game.)
- Had a lovely family birthday dinner saturday at the sushi place and we got the sushi boat! Hooray! That is a wooden boat about 2 feet long filled with delicious sushi and sashimi. Tip, before the sushi boat, don’t fill up on bread. I don’t know if I will have any particular observances tomorrow. Just the usual 21 gun salute maybe.
- I went car shopping this weekend. All due respect to the red menace, but that car’s time is DONE. The engine hitches if it gets about 50 mph, and it has been raining like crazy around here and I have been scrambling to find rides or drive in the breaks in the rain since the windshield wipers went dead. I know I could have it fixed, but that seems a waste of money since the grim reaper is banging on the windshield. So I test drove the Honda Fit and the Hyundai Elantra and the Elantra touring (which is kind of a code word for “station wagon.” I was really focusing on the fit, but I was so impressed with the test drive on the elantra that I think that is the way to go, and mama may just have a little wagon to drive around right soon.
- I started working out with a trainer on Friday,and go again tomorrow For the time being, until his personality is revealed, we shall refer to him as “Captain Asskick.”
- Two weeks left of school!