- It feels like we have been back in school for about 6 months, but Back to school night is just tomorrow. I’m really wiped out tired, but I am having fun teaching. Sociology is still a sticking point, but Ancient Civ and Geography are great, well, Geography is great, AC, pretty good – fun to teach but needs lots of prep to keep it lively.
- Somehow next weekend I have ended up saturday on altar guild crew, then painting the food pantry, on Sunday, layreader at the 7:30, , doing the Tanzania presentation at 10:15, vestry greeter after the 11:15. Holy Moly! It’s a good thing I love Jesus.
- Made some inroads on decluttering the upstairs room, my parlor, I think I shall call it. Finished my bulletin board. Took me a while to figure out how to hang it, but I bought a stud finder. (Insert joke here.)
- I’ve been lax on photographing the garden. It is a weird surreal place now, with sunflowers that are heavy and bent, squash with a dusty blight and tomato plants that are extending their reach out of the box and everywhere! Tonight I made a tomato mozzarella salad(I do have a picture of that) with tomatoes, basil, oregano, and parsley that I picked from the garden as I left school today. Very, very delicious.
- Big exciting news! Elder Bro and family will be stationed here as of December. The last time he and I lived in the same town we were in high school!