- About 10 trick or treaters last night. Little kids from the neighborhood mostly. A few teens. No students of mine which is too bad because I made cupcakes. Great restorers of faith for me were the folks across the hall who left a bowl of candy even though they weren’t there (excellent), and the trick or treaters who each only took a few pieces of same and didn’t empty the whole bowl into their sacks. It restored my faith in Halloween and America. I did feel a little lame about making the cupcakes, but none of them (my students) coming. Oh well. Cupcakes for teacher lunch on monday then.
- Went to the dedication of the new Organ (hee) and it sounds great. It was a really nice service, and nice to see the results of all that planning. “Organ! Awake!” (hee, again)
- In the last few days I’ve watched Ice Age, The Happening (only a little, even though I had seen it before it was too scary) and The Village.
- Chris left Afghanistan today and should be back with his family by the end of the week. Hooray, Hooray, Hooray!
- Paul and I did some singing last night. Very fun, though I am not tremendously talented. Still fun though. I think I would be better, never great but better, if I sang more often. For a person who likes music, I sure don’t listen to much.