- A rough start today. My choice to linger and have coffee with Ali, but just a dumb mistake that I left my purse at school, and didn’t realize it until I was 40 miles away. I recovered though, and am now in Illinois. The speed limit is 70 in Indiana, and the roads were nice and clear. I like it when you find your soul mates on the road: those people who have their cruise control set at exactly the same speed, and create a comfortable pack and pocket in which to travel. Yet more evidence, that the people of the world could live in harmony if they tried.
- Going to stop and visit a high school friend tomorrow, and then onto Laurapalooza. I am only 2 1/2 hours from him, and then 4 1/2 to Mankato. I love it when a plan comes together.
- Total thumbs up to the Ohio rest stops. Clean; modern; round in shape.
- Holiday Inn may try to tease me in with their warm cinnamon rolls and points in some mystery account, but in the end, if all you have is a smoking room for $145? Not going to happen. Oh Super 8, how could I ever have doubted you? Please forgive me. I’ll never stray again.
- Tomorrow, the story of how I ended up going to something called Laurapalooza. Also, early reports from the opening ice cream social and “crop circle.” Really hoping that means we are heading into a field with boards and making some sort of alien presentation.